United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the Sultanate of Oman (Oman), nations located on the Arabian Peninsula, offer year-round sunshine, blue skies and very little rain. The climate, along with an impressive tourism infrastructure built throughout the last several years, has brought these destinations a long way from the once vast desert wilderness to today’s progressive, innovative and sophisticated destinations that are highly sought-after by business and leisure travelers from all over the world.
While there are a million reasons to fall in love with Arabia, here are five that will certainly make you dream of holding your next group program in this destination:
- No two days are the same with the diversity that brings the destination to life.
You can watch the soulful desert sunset over cocktails today and take a road trip to a mountain picnic lunch tomorrow. You can have a great time shopping and exploring the glamorous city of Dubai one day and the next day be surrounded with the peaceful scenery of Muscat’s Wadi Bani Khalid, a natural spring enclosed by rock formations and lush greens.
Within Oman and the UAE, there are a significant number of destinations to discover. The Sultanate of Oman, for example, is characterized by its serene wadis, oases and majestic mountains like the Jebel Akhdar and Bilat Seet. If you explore further, you’ll discover the amazing turtle sanctuaries of Ras Al Jinz and the idyllic pastures of Salalah.
The UAE, on the other hand, is made up of seven emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain), and each is a destination on its own. Desert, mountains, beaches, mangrove forests—the country has it all and is a special location that turns dreams into realities, as the nation truly believes that anything is possible.
- The cityscape brims with the world’s firsts; the best and the finest.
Complementing nature’s gifts, the UAE has developed architectural marvels and extraordinary attractions that travelers shouldn’t miss. Among the staple landmarks that are considered must-sees on a group tour are the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, and the Burj Al Arab, the most luxurious hotel in the world, both of which are located in Dubai.
In the nation’s capital of Abu Dhabi, one would surely be mesmerized by the sheer grandeur of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the world’s largest and grandest. In addition, this is also the city where thrill-seekers can live the F1 dream at the Yas Marina Circuit.
The emirate of Ras Al Khaimah is also fast catching up with a thrilling and adventure-themed attraction, which has earned a certification from the Guinness Book of World Records as the World’s Longest Zipline. There’s always a new reason to visit the destination. Quite recently, thousands of art lovers from all over the world have been drawn into the Louvre Abu Dhabi, which opened in November of 2017.
- It gives you adventures and experiences you won’t find anywhere else.
Unique adventures are endless in Arabia. Our team at Gulf Dunes, a Hosts Global member, makes sure that all our guests get to enjoy five main things:
- The desert – this includes a number of offerings from a sunset reception on top of a sand dune with an evening dinner event at a Bedouin camp, or a safari adventure that includes an hour-long dune-bashing and wildlife drive
- The waters of the city – A cruise aboard a yacht that goes around the marina and Dubai’s Palm Islands. Alternatively, you can also go kayaking amidst the eastern mangroves of Abu Dhabi.
- A remarkable dining experience – how would you love to have your group dinner right in front of the largest dancing fountain with the world’s tallest tower in the backdrop?
- The local culture – share a traditional meal with an Emirati or join us in a pearl journey that walks you through the rich diving heritage of the country.
- An activity you’ve never done before – such as learning polo with a twist of riding camels instead of horses
- It is a safe, welcoming and multilingual destination
The UAE government significantly invests in its security and smart technology systems. In fact, Abu Dhabi has been named the safest city in the world. People from 200 nationalities are living in harmony in the country, a fact that certainly lends proof of how inviting, and tolerant the environment is.
Language is never a barrier as you will find multilingual people everywhere. There were myths of dress code and alcohol restrictions. But in reality, guests can come as they are, dress comfortably and alcohol is readily available in certain places. At the end of the day, it all boils down to being respectful of other people and the local culture. Arabia is genuinely welcoming and embraces travelers and cultural diversity.
- A wide range of hotels and venues are available for group booking—from the ultimate luxury to chic budget-friendly properties.
The biggest hotel brands in the hospitality industry ensure that they maintain a presence in the UAE, so expect an excellent range of options for your venue and accommodation requirements.
The Bulgari Resort and Residences Dubai, the epitome of luxury, opened in December last year and has captivated VIP travelers from around the globe. On the other hand, beach properties around the Palm Islands are top favorites, as well as hotels in the heart of the big city. If you love rooms with stunning views, we never run out of them here.
Contact us for more information on bringing your next group program to Arabia.